WEST EXHIBIT BUILDING A Youth Sweepstakes Event!
1. Who May Enter: The Mid-American Shetland Sheep (MASS) Fleece Show is open to producers of Shetland fleeces who may enter a fleece in competition only, OR enter in competition and either or both the Private Treaty or Silent Auction sales. Fleeces offered for sale must be entered in competition. A fleece may be entered in one class only. Fleeces not offered for sale will be released following judging.
• Enter forms can be found on the WSWF website
2. Entry Fee: $6 per fleece. Payable at entry, non-refundable. A downloadable entry form can be found online at wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com. Bring entry forms to the West Exhibit Building at the Festival on Friday or Saturday. (See check-in times above) DO NOT MAIL ENTRIES!
3. Entries must be pre-weighed.
4. Junior Exhibitors: Must be 21 or under as of January 1, of the current year
5. Fleeces must be owned by exhibitor or exhibitor’s family and from current year wool crop with no more than 12 months growth.
6. Responsibilities of the Judge: The Judge reserves the right to move fleeces into appropriate classes if so determined; disqualify fleeces; make awards to quality fleeces only; and/or combine or close classes in the case of insufficient numbers.
7. Silent Auction – Private Treaty Sales
The Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, LLC (WSWF) will act as a broker for all fleeces offered for sale at the Festival. Prices for Private Treaty Sale fleeces will be set by the individual exhibitor by time of entry and the price will be indicated on the entry tag. Sales commission on all MSSBA fleeces will be 15% of gross sales deducted for the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival and an additional 2% of the gross sales price deducted for the Mid-American Shetland Sheep Fleece show. Sales of MASS show fleeces will be by fleece and not by pound. Fleeces offered for sale must be entered in competition.
Payment for ALL Silent Auction or Private Treaty sales of fleeces will be made to the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, commission deducted as noted above and settlement made to consignors at a later date. Exhibitors and Buyers: Please be patient – Reconciliation of fleece sale accounts may take up to six weeks due to the volume of festival accounts processed. Thank you! MASS and the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, LLC assume no responsibility for lost, damaged, stolen, mislabeled or erroneously sold fleeces. Fleeces not removed from the exhibit area by 3:30 Sunday become property of the Festival. Any fleeces not offered for sale will be released upon completion of judging. All sale fleeces released at 3:00 Sunday.
The Mid-American Shetland Sheep Show acknowledges the continuing support of these sponsors in making the MASS Show possible and thanks the many volunteers that make the show a success!
Any Other Color Fleece
Garrett Ramsay & Aaron Gray
Whispering Pines Farms
Rich & Jennifer Johnson
Reserve Champion Fleece
Foggy Hollow Ranch
Scott & Lynda Davies
Pretty Oak Farm
Maurice & Gillian Wakeling – UK
Judges Favorite Fleece Award
Round Barn Fiber Mill
Jim & Margie Schafer
Friends of Mid-American Shetland Sheep Show
Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, LLC
Fine Fleece Shetland Sheep Association
Fleece Show Superintendent: Lori Scharlau