Open Market Lamb Show
Pre-enter online by August 25 - $20/head
Day of show entry accepted $25/head, due at scale
7:00 – 9:00 am
Market Lamb Show
Commercial Ewe Show
WCLA Annual meeting & Awards Presentation
Grand Champion - $300
Reserve Grand Champion -
Breed Champions - $60
Reserve Breed Champions - $30
ADMISSION - GATE PASSES
Junior Exhibitors: Junior Exhibitors will receive a gate pass when entering GATE
Adult Exhibitors: Purchase admission at GATE 1 - Friday, Saturday and Sunday, $10 per person, kids 8 and under FREE. 3-day
weekend pass $20.
MARKET LAMB SHOW RULES OF ENTRY
- Entry fee: $20 per head, pre-entered online. Online
entries close August 25. Entry fees do not include admission to the festival.
- Late entry: Day-of-show entries ACCEPTED at check-in $25
per head, collected at scale.
- No limit: Open to all ages of exhibitors. No limit to the
number of lambs entered.
- Wether or ewe lambs eligible: All lambs must carry a USDA
- Splits: Classes split according to breed, weight and
number of entries at discretion of show management.
- Weight & Classification: All lambs will be weighed
and classified at the scale. Market lambs will be classified according to Wisconsin Club Lamb Association
- Breed Divisions Offered: Hampshire, Suffolk,
Natural Colored, Crossbred, Speckle, Southdown, Dorset.
- Health Certificates: NOTE: Sheep originating from outside Wisconsin must be accompanied by a currently
valid certificate of veterinary inspection for interstate movement, to be submitted at check-in.
Superintendents will collect and hold health certificates until release at which time a copy will be
returned to exhibitors. No sheep showing any symptoms of contagious
or infectious disease will be permitted to be unloaded, shown or exhibited. All sheep entries must comply
with USDA scrapie regulations and programs and must be identified with official, individual scrapie
- Slick Shorn: All market lambs and Commercial Ewes
must be slick shorn.
- Disease symptoms: Any evidence of sore mouth, ringworm,
foot rot, pink eye, wool fungus or any other contagious diseases will not be permitted to show.
Decisions by show management/veterinarian will be final and entry fees non-refundable.
- Inspection: All sheep blankets/sweaters/stockings will be
removed for weigh-in. Infected animals will not be allowed to show. Show management decisions will be
- Show from Trailer: Park in designated areas only!
All lambs arriving on Sunday must be shown out of trailer. Exhibitors must
park in designated areas or will not be allowed to show.
- Departure and clean up: Exhibitors must clean up any
waste associated with their exhibit and either put it back on their trailer or place in a dumpster or
trash can. Trailers leaving will be monitored by show staff.
- Junior Showmanship: Will follow Wisconsin Club Lamb Association age breaks.
- Risk: All exhibits will receive the best care and
protection afforded by the facilities provided, but at all times are subject to the owner’s risk. No
animals other than those participating in the respective shows or exhibits will be permitted in the
- Questions? Contact Alan Thorson, Sheep Superintendent
– 920 344-1235 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Enter
- Click on the ENTER NOWbutton. (A new tab will open at Showorks. All registrations/payments are handled
- Once at ShoWorks, you will need to CREATE AN
ACCOUNT(user name and password) - even if you
entered or registered in previous years.
- Find the type of entry/order you wish to place. Under
DEPARTMENT, select SHEEP SHOWS,
then under DIVISION, select OPEN MARKET LAMB SHOW.
- ORDER- Once you have an entry in your shopping cart, you
can save your progress and return at a later time. Returning users can sign in with user name and
- PAYMENT- No saved registrations can be guaranteed unless
payment is made. Payment must be made by credit card at the end of the registration process through our
secure online system.
- When you are finished registering, you’ll receive an email
confirmation. PRINT YOUR ORDER in case your email confirmation does not go through. Check your junk or
spam folders if you do not receive an email confirmation.
If you forget to print your order,
or entered an incorrect email address, ShoWorks stores your order in your profile. You may reprint it at