8:00 – 9:30 Sunday
Immediately following Showmanship
which starts at 10:30 a.m. Sunday
Located in the Activity Center
· Click on the ENTER NOW button. (A new tab will open at Showorks. All registrations/payments are handled by ShoWorks.)
· Once at ShoWorks, you will need to CREATE AN ACCOUNT (user name and password) - even if you entered or registered in previous years.
· Find the type of entry/order you wish to place. Under DEPARTMENT, select SHEEP SHOWS, then under DIVISION, select OPEN MARKET LAMB SHOW.
· ORDER - Once you have an entry in your shopping cart, you can save your progress and return at a later time. Returning users can sign in with user name and password.
· PAYMENT - No saved registrations can be guaranteed unless payment is made. Payment must be made by credit card at the end of the registration process through our secure online system.
· When you are finished registering, you’ll receive an email confirmation. PRINT YOUR ORDER in case your email confirmation does not go through.
If you forget to print your order, or entered an incorrect email address, ShoWorks stores your order in your profile. You may reprint it at anytime.
1. Entry fee: $15 per lamb, online entry dated no later than August 15. Non-refundable.
2. Late entry fee: $20 per lamb. Day-of-show entries ACCEPTED.
3. No limit: Open to all ages of exhibitors. No limit to the number of lambs entered.
4. Wether or ewe lambs eligible: All lambs must carry a USDA scrapie tag.
5. Splits: Classes split according to breed, weight and number of entries at discretion of show management.
6. Breed character: If breed classification officials determine that an entry does not exhibit the characteristics required by that breed association, the entry will be transferred to the crossbred division.
7. Breeds Divisions Offered: Hampshire, Suffolk, Natural Colored, Crossbred, Whiteface AOB, Speckle, Market Ewe
8. Health Certificates:NOTE: Sheep originating from outside Wisconsin must be accompanied by a currently valid certificate of veterinary inspection for interstate movement, to be submitted at check-in. Superintendents will collect and hold health certificates until release at which time a copy will be returned to exhibitors. No sheep showing any symptoms of contagious or infectious disease will be permitted to be unloaded, shown or exhibited. All sheep entries must comply with USDA scrapie regulations and programs and must be identified with official, individual scrapie identification.
9. Wool length: All market animals must be sheared prior to weigh-in - no more than 1/4 of an inch of wool. Show management may ask exhibitors to re-shear animals prior to weigh-in.
10. Disease symptoms: Any evidence of sore mouth, ringworm, foot rot, pink eye, wool fungus or any other contagious diseases will eliminate all entries transported by that exhibitor, which will then not be permitted to unload or show.
11. Inspection: All sheep blankets/sweaters/stockings will be removed for unloading inspection and weigh-in.
12. Pens: Pens may be available for show day if requested prior to show and will be assigned by the Superintendent. Permanent pens must be cleaned before departure or a $20 clean-out charge per pen will be assessed. Due to limited penning, exhibitors are encouraged to show from their trailers.
PARK IN DESIGNATED TRAILER AREA!
13. Market Lamb Showmanship – 10:30 a.m. For WCLA points, Showmanship age breaks for market lamb exhibitors will follow the Wisconsin Club Lamb Association age breaks.
14. Youth Sweepstakes Showmanship: Sunday – 9:30 a.m. – Sale Arena. The four age divisions will follow the Youth Sweepstakes age breaks and will count toward Youth Sweepstakes points.
15. Risk: All exhibits will receive the best care and protection afforded by the facilities provided, but at all times are subject to the owner’s risk. No animals other than those participating in the respective shows or exhibits will be permitted in the barns.
16. Admission: $8 per person, $15 per person weekend pass. Kids 8 and under FREE.
17. Questions? Contact Alan Thorson, Sheep Superintendent – 920 344-1235 or firstname.lastname@example.org