Sunday – Activity Center
CHECK-IN: Friday: 8:00 – 5:00 Saturday: 8:00 – 3:00
JUDGING: Sunday - 9:00 a.m.
CATEGORY: (circle appropriate category on registration form)
I - Shetland
II - Other (list Fiber – Wool, Alpaca, etc)
1. Children, age 11 and under*
2. Youth, age 12 – 17
3. Beginner Adult, less than one year experience
4. Intermediate Adult, 1 to 2 years experience
5. Experienced Adult, 3-4 years experience)
6. Advanced Adult, 5 or more years experience, teach or have taught spinning.
7. Just for FUN, exhibit only, not judged*
8. Drop Spindle, 1 – 2 yrs experience
9. Drop Spindle, 3 yrs and up experience
*See below for entry fee and premium exceptions.
LOTS: A: Fine
D: Novelty: must be at least 50 % natural fiber (List Fibers, i.e., Dog/Cat/Alpaca/etc)
E: Other Fibers (i.e., Bison, Flax, cotton, etc)
CRITERIA: Skeins judged on a point system. Points based on following criteria:
1. Fiber Preparation/Cleanliness
2. Spinning Technique
3. Skill (Difficulty)
5. Appropriateness for intended use.
6. Sample swatch included
Entries open to public viewing during registration, during check-in hours and at completion of judging until 3:00 Sunday. All entries must be picked up between 3:00 – 3:30 on Sunday. Judging open to the public, but please, no questions or talking during the judging phase. Thank you!
ENTRY FEE, RULES & INSTRUCTIONS:
$3.00 per skein entry fee (*except for Classes 1 & 7, for which there are no entry fees). Entries must be filled out completely when entrant registers or the entry will be disqualified. Judge and/or superintendent reserve the right to give awards to quality skeins only, move skeins to appropriate categories, split, close or combine classes.
1. All work must be that of the entrant.
2. Skeins entered must not have been entered in previous Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival competitions.
3. Skeins must be TWO or more ounces in weight (attached swatch can be added to weight)
4. Skeins must be wound on a TWO-YARD niddy-noddy
5. All entries must be gently figure-eight tied in four places. Do not twist into a tight skein but leave hanging loosely.
6. ALL skeins MUST have a 3”x3”, no larger than 4”x4” swatch attached to the skein. Swatches can be Crochet, Knit, Woven, or other method showing the yarn in a finished example. Points will be deducted for skeins not having the required swatch.
7. The Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, LLC assumes no liability for lost, stolen, or damaged entries.
8. Questions, contact Lisa Shuppe 262 573-3110 email LShuppe@yahoo.com
1. Ribbon award to 1st and 2nd places in Classes: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 8 and 9 (all lots and categories)
2. Monetary award to 1st and 2nd places in Classes: 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 (all lots and categories)
3. Achievement Certificate awarded to all categories, classes and lots.
4. All 1st place monetary award winners will be combined for a single Best in Show Award.
PREMIUMS: First Place - $10.00 Second Place - $5.00 Best in Show - $25.00