Are you a registered sheep judge or someone who plans to become one in the coming year? This workshop, designed to update and review your judging skills, is presented in partnership with Purina Animal Nutrition and in cooperation with DATCP and will address working with youth in Showmanship, Breeding Classes (both Meat and Wool), and Market Lambs. Our clinicians, all members of the Purina Team of Ambassadors, are well established sheep judges and have worked with youth through the Purina sponsored Fitting and Show Camps (including our WLBA Show Camp) nation-wide. The workshop will be a combination of presentations and hands-on activities.
The clinicians will also serve as our 2019 Festival Show judges and as part of our goal to refresh and review judging skills, we encourage you to observe them in action earlier in the day.
It is the intent of both the Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Cooperative and the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection to provide information as to your attendance to those who choose County Fair judges.
Dr. Clay Elliott, Purina Sheep and Goat Technical Expert, PhD in Reproductive Physiology from Texas Tech, Judging Team Coach at Texas Tech and Redlands Community College, Judge of numerous prestigious shows, owner /operator of Allred-Elliott Genetics raising nationally competitive club lambs in Calumet, Oklahoma, grew up in Newcastle, Wyoming.
Lance Miller, Purina Animal Nutrition Livestock Specialist, Masters in Ruminant Nutrition from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Judging Team Coach at the University of Wyoming, judged the sheep at the 2019 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the 2017 Suffolk National Junior Show in Madison and numerous others, presenter at the WLBA show Camp, lives in Edgar, Wisconsin, grew up in Pipestone, Minnesota.
Mark Johnson, Purina Sheep Field Specialist, BS in Animal Science from Oklahoma State University, has judged both market lambs and breeding sheep shows in 29 states, owner/operator of A and M Ranch raising nationally competitive Southdowns in Sandwich, Illinois, presenter at WLBA Show Camp, key coordinator of this event.
· Click on the REGISTER button . (A new tab will open at Showorks. All registrations/payments are handled by ShoWorks.)
· Once at ShoWorks, you will need to CREATE AN ACCOUNT (user name and password) as an “exhibitor” – even if you have entered or registered in a previous year.
· Find the type of entry/order you wish to place. Under DEPARTMENT, select
JUDGE'S FORUM. Be sure to complete “NAME OF ATTENDEE” section.
· ORDER - Once you have an entry in your shopping cart, you can save your progress and return at a later time. Returning users can sign in with user name and password. You cannot sign up twice for the Profit Workshop.
· PAYMENT - No saved registrations can be guaranteed unless payment is made. Payment must be made by credit card at the end of the registration process through our secure online system.
· When you are finished registering, you ll receive an email confirmation. PRINT YOUR ORDER in case your email confirmation does not go through. If you forget to print your order, or entered an incorrect email address, ShoWorks stores your order in your profile. You may reprint it at anytime.
$10 PER PERSON
REGISTER BY AUGUST 15 AND RECEIVE ADMISSION TO THE FESTIVAL
A gate pass will be mailed to the address shown on the registration form.
Miss the registration deadline? Check with the Festival office at 608 743-9080 (evenings after 5:00), email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Registration in the lobby of the Activity Center.