It’s about tomorrow’s shepherds: The Youth Sweepstakes challenges young men and women in a dozen different areas of competition and skill sets, from judging to skillathon, showmanship to lead line. Education drives this points competition that is at the core of the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival.
Look for the Youth Sweepstakes Event Emblem to Identify Youth Sweepstakes Events!
The purpose of the Youth Sweepstakes is to encourage youth attending the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival to participate in as many educational and exhibition events as possible and to expand their knowledge and proficiency in sheep production. Awards are given to reward youth demonstrating proficiency and knowledge across educational and exhibit areas. The goal of the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival youth programs is to offer educational experiences that are high quality and will give youth exposure to, and prepare them for, future competition. We encourage 4-H, FFA and other youth groups preparing for district, regional or national competition to attend and participate in any of the following competitions to qualify for Youth Sweepstakes points:
Beginners: 7 - 9
NEW FOR 2019!
To help us with scoring, pre-re-register for Youth Sweepstakes through ShoWorks!
Please indicate all events in which you may participate!
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE!
SEE HOW TO ENTER BELOW
Scoring: Individuals are encouraged to compete in any and all of the listed competitions. Points will be awarded based on participation and placing within each event. Overall points will be determined by a combination of total points from an individual’s four highest scores; not more than two of those scores may come from exhibiting breeding animals, fleeces or market lambs. Note to Market Lamb Exhibitors: There will be a separate showmanship division for market lamb exhibitors that will be based on Wisconsin Club Lamb Association age breaks and which will count for WCLA points, but not for Youth Sweepstakes points. Results will be announced during selection of Junior Supreme Champion sheep on Sunday.
1st - $100.00
2nd - $75.00
3rd - $50.00
4th - $35
5th - $25
An embroidered award will also be presented by Profiles Show Supply & Embroidery to the highest placing individual in each age division.
Profiles Show Supply & Embroidery
Jim and Sue Rupnow
Youth Sweepstakes is sponsored by the
Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Cooperative through the generous support of
bidders at the Shepherds’ and Silent Auctions.
HOW TO ENTER YOUTH SWEEPSTAKES
· Click on the ENTER NOW button. (A new tab will open at Showorks. All registrations/payments are handled by ShoWorks.)
· Once at ShoWorks, you will need to CREATE AN ACCOUNT (user name and password) - even if you have entered or registered in previous years.
· Find the type of entry/order you wish to place. Under DEPARTMENT, select YOUTH SWEEPSTAKES, then under DIVISION, choose the appropriate DIVISION based on the age of the entrant as of January 1.
- Under CLASS, select all events the entrant may enter (even if the entrant does not eventually enter that specific event).
- Make a SEPARATE ENTRY for every event including Name of entrant, email address, phone number and date of birth.
To make this step easier, use the
AUTO-FILL FROM PREVIOUS FUNCTION
(See upper left hand corner in the entry screen)
· ORDER - Once you have an entry in your shopping cart, you can save your progress and return at a later time. Returning users can sign in with user name and password.
THERE ARE NO FEES TO ENTER YOUTH SWEEPSTAKES!
· PAYMENT - No saved registrations can be guaranteed unless payment is made. Payment must be made by credit card at the end of the registration process through our secure online system.
· When you are finished registering, you’ll receive an email confirmation. PRINT YOUR ORDER in case your email confirmation does not go through.
If you forget to print your order, or entered an incorrect email address, ShoWorks stores your order in your profile. You may reprint it at anytime.