Give us your best shots! The Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Cooperative invites you to submit your sheep and wool photos to its annual photo contest. The contest is open to everyone, regardless of whether they raise sheep or are WSBC members. Judges will select the winning photos based on theme, clarity, content, composition and appeal for the category entered. Photos will be on display in the Activity Center Friday through Sunday.
Enter photographs in the following classes:
Photographers may enter more than one class, and may enter more than one photograph in each class.
* Enter color or black-and-white prints that are approximately 8”x10" - do not mount the entry.
* A $5 per photo entry fee must accompany each entry. Make checks payable to Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Co-op (WSBC). Write the following information on a 3"x5" card and attach it to the back of each photograph: Title of photo, contest class, and the photographer's name, address, phone number and e-mail address, and if a member of MSSBA. Entries in the Photo Taken by Youth class also must include the age of the photographer as of the entry deadline date of August 15.
* By entering the contest, all photographers and those persons photographed agree that entries become the property of Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Cooperative to be used or reproduced at its discretion with due credit given to the photographer. The Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Cooperative reserves the right to publish any Photo Contest entry in the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival catalog, the Wisconsin Shepherd, on the Festival and WSBC websites and in other selected media and venues such as shall be deemed appropriate in the promotion of the cooperative’s events and activities, but shall not sell or license same to any third party.
* A Best of Show entry will be selected by the judges.
* MSSBA Award: Entries with Shetland sheep will be awarded a ribbon provided by the Midwest Shetland Sheep Breeders Association (MSSBA).