CHECK-IN: Wonders of Wool Building 1
- Friday: 12:00 – 5:00
- Saturday: 8:00 – 5:00
JUDGING: Sunday - 9:00 a.m. Wonders of Wool Building 1
CATEGORY: (circle appropriate category on registration form)
- I - Shetland
- II - Other (list Fiber – Wool, Alpaca, etc)
- Children, age 11 and under*
- Youth, age 12 – 17
- Beginner Adult, less than one year experience
- Experienced Adult, 1 to 2 years experience
- Advanced, have won a first place award in any skein competition or teach (or have taught) spinning
- Just for FUN, exhibit only, not judged*
- Drop Spindle, 1 – 2 yrs experience
- Drop Spindle, 3 yrs and up experience
*See below for entry fee and premium exceptions.
- Novelty: must be at least 50 % natural fiber (List Fibers, i.e., Dog/Cat/Alpaca/etc)
- Other Fibers (i.e., Bison, Flax, cotton, etc)
CRITERIA: Skeins judged on a point system. Points based on following criteria:
- Fiber Preparation/Cleanliness
- Spinning Technique
- Skill (Difficulty)
- Appropriateness for intended use.
- Sample swatch included
Entries open to public viewing during registration, during check-in hours and at completion of judging until 3:00 Sunday. All entries must be picked up between 3:00 – 3:30 on Sunday. Judging open to the public, but please, no questions or talking during the judging phase. Thank you!
ENTRY FEE, RULES & INSTRUCTIONS:
$3.00 per skein entry fee, *except for Classes 1 & 6, for which there are no entry fees. Use catalog or downloadable on-line form. Entries must be filled out completely when entrant registers or the entry will be disqualified. Judge and/or skein superintendant reserve the right to give awards to quality skeins only, move skeins to appropriate categories, split, close or combine classes.
- All work must be that of the entrant.
- Skeins entered must have been completed since the previous Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival
- Skeins must be TWO or more ounces in weight (attached swatch can be added to weight)
- Skeins must be wound on a TWO-YARD niddy-noddy
- All entries must be gently figure-eight tied in four places. Do not twist into a tight skein but leave hanging loosely.
- ALL skeins MUST have a 3"x3", no larger than 4"x4" swatch attached to the skein. Swatches can be Crochet, Knit, Woven, or other method showing the yarn in a finished example. Points will be deducted for skeins not having the required swatch.
- The Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, LLC assumes no liability for lost, stolen, or damaged entries.
- Questions, contact Lisa Shuppe 262 573-3110 email LShuppe@yahoo.com
- Ribbon award to 1st and 2nd places in Classes: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 (all lots and categories)
- Monetary award to 1st and 2nd places in Classes: 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 (all lots and categories)
- Achievement Certificate awarded to all categories, classes and lots.
- All 1st and 2nd place monetary award winners will be combined for a single Best in Show Award.
- First Place - $10.00
- Second Place - $5.00
- Best in Show - $25.00